Poem - 'Life's Too Short' & The Meaning of Life

Morning Saturday! I woke up both lethargic (in my body) but spritely/determined in my mind today. The sun is smiling, the Spring London air is relaxed and the day promises contentment. I started to write this poem 'Life's too short' about a month ago and left it hanging/ added and removed bits since, like a forgotten lego sculpture in a playroom, that's determined to be finished. However it was today, March 25th '17,  amongst the midst of family change, personal change and seasonal change that the words just slipped out like marbles from a sock and completed themselves on the page. Indirectly and naturally, it ended up being a bit of a 'meaning of life' manifesto...

Read on if you fancy a chunk of niceness/thoughtfulness/simplicity. I think it'd be good for you!
(^ 'Pure & Simple'// a fresh new look: image from my Instagram: @a_blanx)

Why the poem, Alix?

As per, I've been contemplating life – in a practical, useful sense – not a "what does it all mean, arghhhh what's the answer?!" (I got too many headaches) but in a less focused manner. I allowed my mind to just explore it as pen met paper; it was a more flowing, organic, less self-pressured way using my subconscious as a guide. Try it? Writing poetry is good for you, did you knowBut in all, the moral of this post is to get you to zoom in and slow down. Shed the bigger sh*t for a while. There's a lot going on in daily life and sometimes, chaos becomes us. We have to learn to separate ourselves from the 'macro' when we can. Pause. Take in the details. SEE the things around us properly. Recognise what is tickling our senses in an exact moment. I call it 'Grindfulness' (being grateful and mindful simultaneously, HA) and just lovin' it as is.

Don't dissipate your energy worrying about answers or things you can't control (I have a tonne of angst/fun thinking about it, but GOD does it lead you in circles). And tbh, does it really matter? 
We are here. I am ME. You are YOU. We are us. We may have to get along. :)

Here's J Cole singing it how it should be, his note to self.

Search BrandMindBody

Don't go...