How to Find Time & Better Your Lifestyle

Here's a story of time my friends... 3 anecdotal instances from my life in which you may learn about how you view and use time in daily life. Do you regular say (/ moan) that 'there isn't enough time to get everything done,' or 'time is of the essence,' or even 'time goes so quickly!' (the usual gripes...)
SO C'MON BE THE BEST YOU! Here's how to find time & better your lifestyle...
^best m8s now
Story 1:

Cut the time spent focusing on something in your life you can afford not to:

Recently I met a wise friend who enlightened me on the amount of my time spent that revolves around food; thinking about and planning my meals, shopping for food, making food, actually snacking/eating food and talking about food, everyday. It all adds up. We estimated it was about 14-16hours JUST in the working week. And I wouldn't say I'm any different to the average Joe.

He suggested that to gain some time and re-focus on other projects, I could reduce that spent on eating: say, make a wholesome smoothie for breakfast that lasts me to late lunch (cut snacking time, as well as prepping in my work kitchen before clearing up and getting various teas, chatting to colleagues etc.), then have a fuller lunch (buy at work to save previous evening prep time), which is then more likely to cut me snacking in the arvo. Dinner is simple to make and protein filled – et voila! I can sleep happy and have gained time by fewer food-based activities.

Since the 2.5 week trial, I have written/journalled more, planned productive events and studied material towards my goals. PLUS, I've felt less constrained by the lifestyle rules I previously self-imposed.
(Here's me getting all excited about treat brunch at le weekend. Savouring and connecting with friends is part of my soul nourishing ritual^. 
IG: @a_blanx 'Sundays Cafe' in Islington – THE FRITTERZZ!)

The lesson: Evaluate what you spend a lot of time on everyday and either disable yourself from spending it (if not needed) or find creative ways to reduce your focus on it, in order to apply it to productive stuff. Here are some starting areas: SOCIAL MEDIA, PROCRASTINATING, TRAVELLING/COMMUTING, ONLINE SHOPPING, CLEANING, BITING YOUR NAILS, COMPLAINING, QUEUING, WRITING EMAILS.

Story 2:

Treat yourself...to a date with yourself

Last week I had a feeling in my bones to do something after work, but didn't actually want to spend time with anyone in my phone book. I often have bouts of energy to expel before the next day begins and don't want to give them to anyone else. So I satisfied my inner-itch and took myself off for a posh coffee in an intimate, sensuous environment and just wroteeeee on my laptop for a few hours. I felt energised, focused and accomplished. When I got home, I was ready to give time to my flatmates without feeling agitated. I also outlined further goals for 2017 - yay, clarity!

(This was my hot date^. Caravan at Exmouth Market, IG: @a_blanx)

The lesson: You-time is paramount in order to check-in with yourself, explore how your current lifestyle is serving you and CHILL OUT. It's not weird or lonely, it's empowering. Do something that uses your energy in a good way/feed a passion/spend time and money on just yourself.

Story 3:

Reconsider how you start your day - what word would you associate with 'mornings?'

I can't stress enough how important mornings are. They're the best to analyse because they're usually the most demanding, hectic and emotionally discombobulating part of the day. Alarm - the break from rest, the gun shot to the race, cram in a plethora of activities, then speed to work whilst competing with the sea of other workers. Energy is at 123%...

...but it doesn't have to be. I allow mornings like this when my body says it's ready for it. For example, some AMs it's thirsty to get going and move! So the gym starts and continues the momentum that gets me through the 1.5hours pre-work. SOME mornings it says 'DON'T YOU F*CKING DARE,' and so I don't... It needs TLC. I 'wind-up' slowly, get up a little earlier so my pace doesn't have to be so manic and take time over activities. There's no multitasking on these days. Making my smoothie is creative and fun, brushing my teeth is relaxing, and deciding what to wear isn't a chore – it's a statement of my mood and ideals towards the day ahead. I feel more 'deliberate.' Try it? You'll gain fulfilment from being slower and more engaged in each activity.

(That's a luscious, leisurely sunrise right there, corrrr^)

The lesson: The smallest acknowledgment of / change to the START of your day can set you up for a good or bad play out. Remember to slow down several times to avoid that 'be quick,' 'speed,' 'get it done,' 'efficiency,' 'hurry' mindset – do things intentionally and fully. Allow yourself to just saunter (don't deny your body what it's telling you)... it's calming, sets a better tone for the day and you'll feel more in control.

Helpful?

Search BrandMindBody

Don't go...